🌹 = Great for first-timers! Calendar Editors add “New Member Friendly” category to an event. Printable Events List (2 per sheet).
- This event has passed.
House Our Neighbors Tabling: Ballard Farmers Market
August 7, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Short URL: https://seattledsa.org/?p=28347
Come gather signatures for Initiative 135!
NEW GOAL OF 10,000 TO REPLACE THE CHALLENGED SIGNATURES BY KING COUNTY ELECTIONS!
Meet at Market and 22nd.
Join the Housing Justice Working Group channel on Slack to stay updated on tabling and other events. Eric is point of contact.
Need a refresher on I135?
- Publicly owned forever and governed by renters, community members, labor, and subject matter professionals.
- Mixture of income levels from very low to moderate income, with permanently affordable rents (less than 30% monthly income) independent of rental market.
- Restorative conflict resolution prior to the start of any eviction procedures, and no evictions based on changes to household income
- Built Union, Built Green to Passive House standards.
- Should use a lottery-based, minimal barrier, no-fee or background check application process which doesn’t discriminate based on immigration status
- Should include daycares, communal kitchens and/or other community resources
If that gets you hyped, help make it happen!
RSVP Here: https://actionnetwork.org/events/house-our-neighbors-tabling-ballard-farmers-market/