🌹 = Great for first-timers! Calendar Editors add “New Member Friendly” category to an event. Printable Events List (2 per sheet).
- This event has passed.
I-135 Canvass: Eastlake
December 21, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Short URL: https://seattledsa.org/?p=29895
Join House Our Neighbors to get the word out about I-135 ahead of the February 14th election. We’ll be meeting at Rogers Playfield to knock doors in the neighborhood, so wear comfortable walking shoes! Please RSVP so organizers can keep in contact — it may be difficult to find the canvass if arriving late!
Need a refresher on I-135?
- Publicly owned forever and governed by renters, community members, labor, and subject matter professionals.
- Mixture of income levels from very low to moderate income, with permanently affordable rents (less than 30% monthly income) independent of rental market.
- Restorative conflict resolution prior to the start of any eviction procedures, and no evictions based on changes to household income.
- Built Union, Built Green to Passive House standards.
- Should use a lottery-based, minimal barrier, no-fee or background check application process which doesn’t discriminate based on immigration status.
- Should include daycares, communal kitchens and/or other community resources
If that gets you hyped, help make it happen!