🌹 = Great for first-timers! Calendar Editors add “New Member Friendly” category to an event. Printable Events List (2 per sheet).
- This event has passed.
I-135 Canvassing: Capitol Hill
December 11, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Short URL: https://seattledsa.org/?p=29796
Join Seattle DSA to get the word out about I-135 ahead of the February 14th election. We’ll be meeting at the HON I-135 table at the Capitol Hill Farmers Market, on the Southeast corner of Broadway and Denny. A fully charged phone with the MiniVAN app will be useful. Plan to knock doors in the neighborhood, so wear comfortable walking shoes!
Need a refresher on I-135?
- Publicly owned forever and governed by renters, community members, labor, and subject matter professionals.
- Mixture of income levels from very low to moderate income, with permanently affordable rents (less than 30% monthly income) independent of rental market.
- Restorative conflict resolution prior to the start of any eviction procedures, and no evictions based on changes to household income.
- Built Union, Built Green to Passive House standards.
- Should use a lottery-based, minimal barrier, no-fee or background check application process which doesn’t discriminate based on immigration status.
- Should include daycares, communal kitchens and/or other community resources
If that gets you hyped, help make it happen!
Don’t forget to RSVP so we bring enough canvassing materials!