🌹 = Great for first-timers! Calendar Editors add “New Member Friendly” category to an event. Printable Events List (2 per sheet).
- This event has passed.
I-135 Tabling: Columbia City Farmers Market
November 12, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Short URL: https://seattledsa.org/?p=29543
Join us at the Columbia City Farmers Market to get the word out about I-135 ahead of the February 14th election. We’ll be tabling at the entrance to the Columbia City Farmers Market to educate voters about social housing and the February special election!
Need a refresher on I-135?
- Publicly owned forever and governed by renters, community members, labor, and subject matter professionals.
- Mixture of income levels from very low to moderate income, with permanently affordable rents (less than 30% monthly income) independent of rental market.
- Restorative conflict resolution prior to the start of any eviction procedures, and no evictions based on changes to household income.
- Built Union, Built Green to Passive House standards.
- Should use a lottery-based, minimal barrier, no-fee or background check application process which doesn’t discriminate based on immigration status.
- Should include daycares, communal kitchens and/or other community resources
If that gets you hyped, help make it happen!
RSVP Here: https://actionnetwork.org/events/i-135-tabling-columbia-city-farmers-market/