🌹 = Great for first-timers! Calendar Editors add “New Member Friendly” category to an event. Printable Events List (2 per sheet).
I-135 Textbanking Party: Social Housing for All!
February 3 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Short URL: https://seattledsa.org/?p=30174
Join Seattle DSA in a textbank to reach out to voters before the special election deadline! Help us remind voters that permanently affordable social housing is on the February ballot, and that ballot is due February 14! We’ll be meeting up in the Real Change office to get together to navigate Spoke, have some food, and text some voters! Feel free to Zoom in if you can’t make it in person! Please note that masks will be required for the Real Change office in person!
A wifi-connectable device is necessary to textbank, so please bring a laptop or tablet! No experience necessary and training is provided on site!
Need a refresher on I-135?
- Publicly owned forever and governed by renters, community members, labor, and subject matter professionals.
- Mixture of income levels from very low to moderate income, with permanently affordable rents (less than 30% monthly income) independent of rental market.
- Restorative conflict resolution prior to the start of any eviction procedures, and no evictions based on changes to household income.
- Built Union, Built Green to Passive House standards.
- Should use a lottery-based, minimal barrier, no-fee or background check application process which doesn’t discriminate based on immigration status.
- Should include daycares, communal kitchens and/or other community resources
If that gets you hyped, help make it happen!