🌹 = Great for first-timers! Calendar Editors add “New Member Friendly” category to an event. Printable Events List (2 per sheet).
Short URL: https://seattledsa.org/?p=12868
Shabbat Morning Gathering with Jews for Shaun Scott
As Amazon tries to buy the Seattle city council election, we’ve got a little more than a week to show up as progressive Jews to say this is our town, and Shaun Scott is the District 4 candidate who will build a Seattle for all.
Come join us for a brief Shabbat morning gathering – Jews for Shaun Scott – this Saturday! We’ll have a quick prayer, yummy food, and a chance to connect with other progressive Jews and friends about how we can fight for the Seattle we believe in — in this critical election week and for the long-term.
We support Shaun Scott because of his commitment to our movements for a just and equitable Seattle — including public housing, a Green New Deal, labor justice, migrant justice, and universal childcare among many others. Shaun makes no exceptions in his fight for all people to have dignity, equality, and justice—from Seattle to Israel/Palestine. That means that as part of his comprehensive plans to end police violence, Scott has pledged to end Seattle’s participation in the Deadly Exchange that brings US cops to train in Israel. Come join fellow Jews for Shaun Scott!
PS. – Many of us will be heading to the Shaun Scott for District 4 Canvass to pray with our feet / hit the doors right after. Check out the details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/603352307137544/
Directions & Accessibility:
– We’ll be at the Ravenna Park Picnic Shelter #1, which is right by the ‘Mid-Ravenna Park’ entrance, at the intersection of 20th Ave NE and NE 58th St.
– Parking is available at the Mid-Ravenna Park Parking Lot, at the above intersection.
– The nearest weekend transit is the 45 bus line, which stops 0.4 miles away at 15th Ave NE & NE Ravenna Blvd.
– The event will be outside, with a shelter for cover in case of rain. Seating will be available.
– The paved path from the parking lot does not go all the way to the picnic shelter; there is a short section of mostly flat grass to move over in order to reach the shelter.
– Please write to [email protected] by Friday at noon with any accessibility questions, concerns or needs.
Note: Subscribe to calendar only shows the 100 most recent events, but they will update on your calendar at regular intervals automatically.