Seattle DSA’s Healthcare Working Group is excited to be a cosponsor of the 2022 Seattle March for Healthcare Justice on July 30th, which just so happens to be the 57th anniversary of the passage of Medicare!
Details are still being worked out, so RSVPing is the best way to be sure and stay up to date. The current plan is to march along MLK Way starting and ending at a park where we can have featured speakers.
There are so many reasons to march for healthcare justice this year:
- We are still deeply impacted by the COVID pandemic. A new study estimates that more than 330,000 lives could have been saved by universal healthcare.
- We just lost Roe V Wade – now is the time to DEMAND universal healthcare with full coverage of abortion be passed immediately to remove all financial barriers to reproductive care.
- Medicare is currently under attack of privatization through the REACH program – we need the Biden administration to know that we see what we’re doing and we won’t stand for it.
- We have a serious chance at getting statewide single payer healthcare on the ballot for Washington state
- The midterms are coming up soon and we need Medicare for All to be a non-negotiable electoral issue!
As with all marches, promotion and turnout are essential. Please share this action with as many people as you can think of and invite a friend or two to join you. We have just a few weeks before we march so this is an all hands on deck moment!
We are so fortunate to be cosponsoring this event with Medicare for All EVERYWHERE and Whole Washington and we expect this coalition to grow leading up to the end of the month. Last year’s event was an incredible success featuring fantastic speakers like Stephanie Gallardo, Nikkita Oliver, and Kshama Sawant. We know that the community will come out again to march for healthcare justice! See you on the 30th!