🌹 = Great for first-timers! Calendar Editors add “New Member Friendly” category to an event. Printable Events List (2 per sheet).
I-135: Community Canvass in Eastlake
January 26 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Short URL: https://seattledsa.org/?p=30308
Join Seattle DSA to get the word out about I-135 ahead of the February 14th election. We’ll be meeting at the north east corner of the park to knock doors in the neighborhood, so wear comfortable walking shoes! A fully charged phone with miniVAN installed will also be helpful. Please RSVP so organizers can keep in contact — it may be difficult to find the canvass if arriving late!
Need a refresher on I-135?
- Publicly owned forever and governed by renters, community members, labor, and subject matter professionals.
- Mixture of income levels from very low to moderate income, with permanently affordable rents (less than 30% monthly income) independent of rental market.
- Restorative conflict resolution prior to the start of any eviction procedures, and no evictions based on changes to household income.
- Built Union, Built Green to Passive House standards.
- Should use a lottery-based, minimal barrier, no-fee or background check application process which doesn’t discriminate based on immigration status.
- Should include daycares, communal kitchens and/or other community resources